Acceptable Use Policy
2013 - 2014
Students will use technology responsibly and ethically.
A. Students will care for school-owned technology.
- Ask for permission before using computers or ipads.
- Computer use is for schoolrelated assignments only.
- Treat school computers and equipment with care and respect.
- Do not remove, damage, or misuse any equipment or accessories. Be gentle with keyboards, screens, chargers, and devices.
- Leave laptop preferences and default settings as they are (desktop background, toolbars, browser home page, language choice, etc.).
- Use your assigned number computer whenever possible.
- Return devices to the proper cart, in the correct numbered slot, plugged in.
- Enjoy snacks and drinks away from devices.
- Visit only academically appropriate websites.
- Students must obtain teacher & subject permission before taking photos.
- Students will be responsible for paying for any damages that occur from misuse.
B. When students use technology to interact with members of the school community (email, text messages, social networking), they will always be kind, supportive, and respectful to all members of the community.
C. Students will use personal technology devices (phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) appropriately.
- All inschool use of personal technology devices require direct teacher permission.
- All inschool use of personal technology devices will be for academic purposes.
- Texting, social media networking, and phone calls will be done outside of school hours unless a student has direct teacher permission and supervision.
- Phones should be turned off and stored in student bags.
- Students will only take pictures when they have teacher permission.
- Any violation of technology guidelines will result in the student having to turn in his or her device to his or her homeroom teacher first thing in the morning.