Accessing Shared Files
For example "Students", over the network
Go to the "Finder" (click on desktop). If the apple in the menu bar is:
If the above doesn't work, check the network connections (ethernet cabling, wireless connection, switches, etc).
- Look for an icon like this or this representing the folder you want (e.g. "Faculty") on the desktop or at right end of the 'dock' -. If you find it, double-click; if not, or if that doesn't work...
- Go to the "Go" menu and choose "Connect to Server..." (or Cmd-K).
- Wait, then double-click on 'Fileserver'.
To access private folders, choose 'Registered user', then...
- enter your password (Note: if 'Student Folders' or 'Faculty' are already mounted on the desktop, you are logged-in as a 'Guest'. Before you can open a shared folder that is password-protected, you must cancel login, then log out (by 'Trashing' the mounted folders), then revisit step 2, above.
- To access public folders (like "Faculty"), choose "Guest".
Choose desired folder.